Sadia Marjia Ferdous graduated in Civil Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2018.
Professional Track Record
Sadia Marjia Ferdous has a professional career of around 4 years at the Institute of Water Modelling (IWM). She started her career at IWM in April 2019. For the first two years, she was at Survey and Data Division (SDT). There, she processed topographic and bathymetric data and represented the data in hydrographic charts. In January 2021, she joined Research and Development Unit (R&D). Since then, she has been involved in projects related to groundwater and surface water quality, drought, climate change, etc.
- Training on “Water Quality & Environmental Modelling of rivers using MIKE ECO Lab”, “Modelling
Seawater Intrusion”, “Modelling Sediment Transport & Morphology in Rivers”, “Modelling
Sediment Transport & Morphology on Coastlines” conducted by The Academy by DHI
- Training Course on “1-D MIKE NAM and MIKE11”
- Training Workshop on “Understanding the Sea Level Rise Dynamics of Bangladesh along the Coast”
- Training Course on “Computational Hydraulics, River Hydraulics, Hydraulic Structures, Hydrology, Stochastic Hydrology, and Coastal Engineering” conducted by Dept. of WRE, BUET
- Training on “Morphological and Hydrometric Data Collection”
- Training on “Hydrographic Data Analysis and Processing by Hypack Software”
- S. M. Ferdous, R. Ahmed, M. R. Chowdhury, I. Faruk, R. Mamtaz.2019. Is the CETP at Savar Polluting the Dhaleshwari River? 7th International Conference on Water and Flood Management (ICWFM 2019), IWFM, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- R. Ahmed; I. Faruk, S. M. Ferdous, M. R. Chowdhury, R. Mamtaz. 2020. Impacts of Relocation of Tannery Industries on the River system of Dhaka. 5th International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ICCESD 2020), KUET, Khulna, Bangladesh.
Major Project Assignment
- Overview of Available Drought Indices and Assessment of Meteorological & Agricultural Drought in the North-West Region of Bangladesh
- Assessment of Sustainable Potable Water Sources in the Selected Coastal Polders P-29 at Dumuria of Khulna and P-40/1 at Patharghata of Barguna in Bangladesh.
- Survey for Supervision and Monitoring of the Performance of Dredging, Morphological and Environmental Impacts, Detailed Design and Assessment of Effectiveness of Dredging.
- JICA Basic Data Collection and Monitoring of River Water.
- Survey for Long-Term Monitoring, Research and Analysis of Bangladesh Coastal Zone.