Mr. Md. Ashraful Islam completed his graduation in Civil Engineering from Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology in December 2014. He is studying his Masters in Water Resources Engineering at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. Title of his ongoing M.Sc. thesis is "Study on Sustainability of Groundwater Resources in Rajshahi District of Bangladesh."
Professional Track Record
Mr. Md. Ashraful Islam has a professional career of 5 years in the field of water resources Engineering & Structural Engineering. As a Water Resource Engineer, he has been developing his professional career in Institution of Water Modelling since November 2015. He has also practical experience in Structural Engineering and Construction Site Management. Before joining IWM, he worked at different renowned organizations including NAVANA real estate, Starlit Homes Ltd. etc.
- Member of Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
- Life Member of Bangladesh Water Partnership (BWP).
- Basic Training on Arc GIS held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Advanced Training on Arc GIS held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Training on MIKE 11 held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Training on MIKE SHE held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Training on FEFLOW held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Training on IPMS held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Training on Fire Safety in Buildings & Industries held at IEB, Romna
- Training on BNBC Code & Regulations held at IEB, Romna
- Training on ETABS held at IEB, Romna
- Training on "Skill development training program for fresh graduate Engineer" Organized by IEB held at IEB and Structural Engineers Limited (SEL).
- Training on "Oceanography: Principles and Applications", Organized by National Oceanographic and Maritime Institute (NOAMI) held at Eastern Plaza, Hatirpool, Dhaka
- Training on Water Quality held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Training on Water Quality Modelling using EcoLAB held at IWM, Mohakhali DOHS
- Islam, M.T., Islam, M.A., Imran, A.H. (2019), "A GIS Based Approach to Identify Potential Zones for Natural Groundwater Recharge in the Capital City of Bangladesh", International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 10, Issue 9
- Islam, M.A., Imran, A.H. and Newaz, S.M.R. (2019), "Identification of Potential Zones for Natural Groundwater Recharge in Dhaka City of Bangladesh", Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Water and Environmental Engineering.
- Imran, A.H. and Islam, M.A. (2019), "Wetland Delineation of Dry Season Using Landsat-Derived NDVI Index: A Case Study in Kishoreganj District of Bangladesh", Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Water and Environmental Engineering.
- Sen, B. and Islam, M.A. (2019), "Assessment of Suitability of GsMAP Satellite Estimated Precipitation Data in Estimating Runoff of Dharla River Basin", Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Water and Environmental Engineering.
- Amin, M. A., Newaz, S. M. S., Hossain, A.F, M., Zahid, A., Alam, S., Ghosh, S. K., Hossain, M. M. Islam, M. A. (2018), "Assessment of Hydro-Geological Parameters and Groundwater Quality for South East and South West Regions of Bangladesh", Proceedings of 1st National Conference on Water Resources Engineering.
Major Project Assignment
- Mohananda River Dredging, Rubber Dam Study
- Survey & Investigation of Water Resources Management by Mathematical Modelling Panchagar, Thakurgaon, Dinajpur & Joypurhut Integrated Agricultural Development Project
- IWM USERS' CONFERENCE 2015
- Assessment of Water Resources, WARPO
- Determination of Hydrogeological Parameters of SW & SE regions of Bangladesh. Phase-2
- Detailed Feasibility Study with ESIA for Restoration of Water Resources Around Baral River Basin
- Determination of Hydrogeological Parameters of NC & NE regions of Bangladesh. Phase-3
- Research on two-stage hydro-meteorological pre-monsoon flash flood forecast over North-East haor region of Bangladesh