Md. Tohidul Islam obtained his M. Sc. in Hydrogeology & Environmental Geosciences from George-August-University of Goettingen, Germany in September 2011 and Bachelor of Science in Water Resources Engineering (WRE) from BUET in June 2005.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Tohid has 8 years of work experience in the field of hydrology, 1-dimensional river modeling, floodplain modeling and flood forecasting and warning system.
- From January, 2014 to present, working as Associate Specialist in FMG division
- From November, 2011 to January , 2014, worked as Junior Specialist in FMG division
- From November, 2005 to November, 2011, worked as Junior Engineer in FMG division
- Member (M-22917), the Institute of Engineers (IEB), Bangladesh
- Member, German Association for water, wastewater and waste (DWA)
- “MIKE Hydro River held in IWM Training Room, 30 March 2014 to 03 April 2014, conducted by DHI Water and Environment.
- A short course on “Flood Risk Management held at UNESCO-IHE, Delft, The Netherlands, 17-29th June, 2013
- Regional Training on SERVIR Science Applications held in International Center for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Kathmandu, Nepal, 10-14 December, 2012
- “Environmental Applications of Remote Sensing through joint collaboration of Tennessee Tech University, USA held at IWM, 19-22 December, 2011
- “International Summer School 2010: GIS in Water Resources Management held in Cologne University of Applied Sciences, Cologne, Germany, August 30-03 September, 2010
- “Mike Basin Application to GBM catchment, held at IWM, 22-30 October, 2008 conducted by DHI Water and Environment.
- Bhattacharya, Biswa. Islam, Md. Tohidul (2014), On using TRMM data and rainfall forecasts from meteorological models in data-scarce trans boundary catchments - an example of Bangladesh.
Major Project Assignment
- Increase of Flood Forecasting Stations within the Existing Network of Flood Forecasting Model for more Localized Flood Forecast Under Research and Prediction Modelling CDMP-II, Program (June 2013-December 2014)
- Developing Alternative Risk Transfer Mechanism of Disaster & Climate Vulnerable Communities (June 2012-March 2014)
- Water availability, demand and adaptation option assessment of the Brahmaputra River Basin under climate change (January, 2012-June, 2013)
- Upgrading of Flood Forecasting System under CDMP II (June, 2011-June, 2014)
- “Hydrological and Morphological study for the proposed Itna-Mithamain-Austagram Road under Kishoreganj District (October, 2011-June, 2012)
- Support to FFWC for CCA and DRR Danida (October, 2008-September, 2009)
- Climate/Flood Forecast Applications for water related disaster mitigation in Bangladesh (July, 2007-September, 2009)
- Feasibility study of integrated water resources management of Chalan Beel area including Beel Halti (July 2006- November 2007)