Mr. Musfiqur Rahman graduated in Water Resources Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology in 2012. Later he obtained M.Sc. Engineering degree in Hydro-informatics and Water Management in 2019, a joint master's degree under Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program from University of Nice Sophia Antipolis (France), Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus - Senftenberg (Germany) and Newcastle University (England).
Professional Track Record
Mr. Musfiqur Rahman has a professional career of more than 8 years in the field of water and environment. He began his career with Institute of Water Modelling (IWM) in 2012. His professional experiences covers drainage system modelling, water supply modelling, water quality modelling, hydrological analysis and environmental impact assessment.
Mr. Musfiqur Rahman received professional and in-house training in mathematical modeling & computational hydraulics and different tools such as ArcGIS, MIKE 11, WaterGEMS etc.
Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh.
Adaptation to the Impact of Climate Change on Socio-economic Conditions of Bangladesh by DAAD (CARS), 2013, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Saha, R., Haque, M. M., Rahman, M. & Hossain, S. (2014). Storm Water Management for Urban Areas of Bangladesh by Analytical & Modelling Approach: A Case Study of Chalna Municipality, ICCESD-2014, KUET, Khulna, Bangladesh.
- Hossain, S., Rahman, M., Rahman, R., Nusrat, F. & Anisha, N. F. (2014). Effects of Climate Change on River Morphology in Bangladesh and A Morphological Assessment of Sitalakhya River, Technical Journal-2014, River Research Institute (RRI), Faridpur, Bangladesh.
- Hossain, M. S., Saha, R. & Rahman, M. (2013). Uses of Boropukuria Coal Mine Fly Ash for Sustainable River Bank Protection: A Case Study on Dharla River, International Conference on Climate Change Impact and Adaptation (I3CIA-2013), Center for Climate Change and Sustainability Research (3CSR), Department of Civil Engineering, DUET - Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- Hossain, M. S., Rahman, M. & Tamim, M. M. (2013). Coping With New Challenges in Water Resources Management in Bangladesh, A Book on the Impact of Climate Change on Socio-Economic Conditions of Bangladesh by Alumni Association of German Universities in Bangladesh (AAGUB) in Cooperation With German Academic Exchange Service, 2013.
- Setu, N. N., Hossain, S., Saha, R. & Rahman, M. (2014). Natural Disasters Impact on the Water Cycle, Resources, Quality and Human Health, International Conference on Civil Engineering For Sustainable Development (ICCESD-2014), Khulna University Of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Khulna, Bangladesh.
- Saha, R. & Rahman, M. (2013). Green Brick Revolution in Bangladesh, International Conference on Climate Change Impact and Adaptation (I3CIA) 2013, Center for Climate Change and Sustainability Research (3CSR) Department of Civil Engineering, DUET, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, M., Hossain, M. S. & Tamim, M. M. (2013). An Improvement Study on Climate Change Vulnerable Community for Safe Sanitation and Sewerage System in Bangladesh, International Conference on Climate Change Impact and Adaptation (I3CIA) 2013, Center for Climate Change and Sustainability Research (3CSR) Duet, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
Major Project Assignment
- Mathematical Modelling for Water Supply, Drainage, Sanitation and Ground Water Management & Feasibility Study in 148 Municipalities, DPHE.
- Urban Water Quality Management for Dhaka City: Clean and Safe Water for Dhaka City, a project under Joint Cooperation Programme between Bangladesh - The Netherlands (JCP Project), collaboration among Deltares, IWM & CEGIS.
- Assessment of State of Water Resources in Bangladesh, WARPO.
- Feasibility & SEIA Study for Strengthening of the Existing Padma North-West Sector Primary and Secondary Distribution System to Cope up with the Production of Padma WTP (Phase-1) at Jashaldia, DWASA.
- Feasibility and SEIA Study for Expansion of Drainage Networks and Development of Canals in Dhaka City, DWASA.
- Study of Options for Road and Drainage Network Improvement in Extended DNCC Area, DNCC.
- Feasibility and SEIA Study for Land Acquisition & Development of 5 Primary Drainage Channels of Dhaka City, DWASA.
- Training, GIS Data Preparation & Mapping, Prepare Survey Report, Modelling and Detailed Design for Contract Package ICB 02.9 of DWSNIP, DWASA.