Mr. Md. Mosiur Rahman completed his graduation in Civil Engineering from Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET) in May 2009 and later completed M.Sc. in Water Resources Development (WRD) under Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in November 2013.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Mosiur has a professional career is around 9 years in the field of Water Resources Engineering & Integrated Water Resources Management. He has started his professional career in Institution of Water Modelling since January 2011. As an Associate Specialist he has been working in several nationally important projects using different mathematical modelling tools like MIKE 11, MIKE 21C, MIKE 21 etc. Moreover, he has grown expertise in handling several data analysis, processing and mapping software such as HYMOS, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Excel, etc. Mr. Mosiur gathered wide experience in hydrographic and topographic data collection and processing using modern equipmentâ€™s and technology during his tenure in survey division.
- The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (MIEB, 27336)
-Publication in Journal/Conference:
- Training course on Advanced ArcGIS Software, 07-11 December, 2014 at IWM, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training on MIKE11 HD & NAM Software, 25 November - 05 December, 2013 at IWM, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sanitation Hackathon "Water and Sanitation Program of World Bank", 30 November - 1st December, 2012 at Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 2012 International Student Conference on Environment and Sustainability, 05-08 June, 2012 at Tongji University, Shanghai, China.
- South Asian Youth Environmental Meet (SAYEM), 18-20 November 2011 at Banghabandhu International Convention Center, Bangladesh.
- Training on Hydrographic Survey using Hydro Pro Software, 23-27 October 2011 at IWM, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training on "Empowering Youth with Earth Observation Information for Climate Actions" from 1-6 October 2010 at ICIMOD Headquarters, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Training on "Community Participation and Management of Water Supply & Sanitation", 04-07 March, 2009 at RUET, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- Md. Mosiur Rahman, Md. Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal, Md. Munsur Rahman., Sustainability of a Dredged Channel for River Training: A Case Study Using Satellite Image and HEC-RAS 1D Model, December 2014, Volume 1, No. 6, pp. 414-427, J. Civil Eng. Architect. Res., ISSN 1934-7359, USA.
- Md. Mosiur Rahman, Md. Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal, Md. Munsur Rahman., Functioning Hydraulic and Morphological Sustainability of River Training Works in Bangladesh, June 2013, Volume 7, No. 6 (Serial No. 67), pp. 756-766, J. Civil Eng. Architect. Res., ISSN 1934-7359, USA.
- Barkotulla, M.A.B. and Rahman, M.S. and Rahman, M. M. and Jahangir Alam, A.T.M, Estimation of the Parameters of Wet Dry Weeks of Markov Probability Model in Terms of Rainfall in Barind Region, Volume-3, Issue-3, December 2011, pp. 64-76, The Eastern University Journal, ISSN 1998-7889, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, M.M. and Kamal, A.H.M and Al Mamun, A. and Miah, M.S.U., Study on the irrigation water distribution system developed by barind multipurpose development authority, DOI 10.3329/jbayr.v1i2.10032; June 2011, Bangladesh.
- Barkotulla, M.A.B. and Rahman, M.S. and Rahman, M. M., Characterization and frequency analysis of consecutive day's maximum rainfall at Boalia, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, JDAE. Vol. 1(5), 121-126; August 2009 ,Nigeria.
- Mohammad Arifur Rahman, Md. Munsur Rahman, S. K Saha, Mahmud Hasan Tuhin, Md. Mosiur Rahman, Farzana Mahmud And Abdul Kader Talukder Environmental Impact Assessment For Rural Community Infrastructure Of Char Area (Tubewell, Latrine, Evacuation Route): A Case Study of Kurigram District ICETCESD-2011, pp. 343-351, March 10-12, 2011, SUST, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
Major Project Assignment
- Bhanga to Payra Port Rail Line Construction - Hydro-morphological Study
- Dhaka-Chittagong High-speed Railway Line - Hydro-morphological Study
- Technical Assistance Project in Connection with Flood Management Planning in Bangladesh: Cooperation on Mathematical Model of Hydrology and Sediment
- Geological and Morphological Study at Bridge Site and Feasibility Study for Construction of Mirgonj & Nehalgonj Bridge over the Arial kha River during the Year 2017-2018
- Detailed Feasibility Study with ESIA for Restoration of Water Resources around Baral River Basin
- Consultancy Services for "Management, Design, Supervision and other Related Services of Haor Flood Management and Livelihood Improvement Project (BWDB Part)"
- Consultancy Services for "Dredging of Surma-Baulai River System, Improvement of Existing Embankments and Drainage Channel by Using Mathematical Model and State-of-the Art Survey Technique"
- Survey for Joint Action Research on Salt Water Intrusion in Ground Water in the Coastal Area
- Survey for Hydro-morphological Study of Itna-Mithamain Austagram Road under Kishoreganj District