Mr. Mahbub Alam completed his graduation in Civil Engineering from KUET in February 2005 and later completed his M.Sc. in Geo and Water Engineering from Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden in November 2010.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Mahbub has been working at Survey and Data Division of IWM since 2011. Before that he worked in the construction sector as Project Manager both in Bangladesh and U.A.E. He has expertise on planning and managing various engineering surveys including Hydrographic survey and Oceanographic measurements like Current and Wave measurements. Besides, he is experienced in assessment of dredging requirements, dredging monitoring and volume calculations.
-Membership: The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (MIEB, 36597) -Training Received:
- 1 week training on Monitoring and Quality Control in Hydrological Data Collection, at IWM, October 2012
- On the job training on "Bathymetric Survey by using Single Beam Echo sounder and Trimble SPS 855 RTK GPS and data processing by HydroPRO", at IWM, December 2012
- On the job training on "Data collection using RTK-GPS and processing by GNSS Software", IWM, April 2013
- On the job training on "Channel discharge measurement and velocity profiling by Teledyne RD Instrument's River Ray and Workhorse ADCPs", IWM, October 2013
- On the job training on "ADCP data processing by Winriver II", IWM, April 2014
- On the job training on "HYPACK", IWM, October 2014
- 1 week training on MIKE11: Hydrodynamic and Rainfall Module, IWM, December 2014
- 1 week training on Deployment and data processing Software of Sentinel V ADCP and OBS 3A, Coxâ€™s Bazar, Bangladesh, March 2015
Major Project Assignment
- Current and Wave Measurement at Kutubdia, November-December, 2016; Client: FUGRO Survey India (PVT.) Ltd.
- Current and Wave Measurement, Sampling and Grain Size Analysis of Bed Material for Jan De Nul in Connection with Payra Port Dredging, (October, 2016); Client: Jan De Nul, Belgium
- Hydrological Data Collection, Current Measurement and Model Simulation in the Rabnabad Channel near khepupara, (August-Spetember, 2016); Client: Jan De Nul, Belgium
- Survey for Techno-Economical Feasibility Study for Development of the Land at Moheshkhali Island by Dredging Chars, Shoals for Land Based LNG Terminal, (June-August, 2016); Client: Petrobangla
- Study for Dhaka Eastern Bypass Project, (April, 2016 to October, 2016); Client: Bangladesh Water Development Board
- Assessment of Dredging Requirements for Khaliajuri Link Channel and Branch of Old Surma Rivers and Estimation of the Dredging Volume, (February, 2016 to March, 2016); Client: Local Government Engineering Department, Bangladesh
- Land and Hydrological Survey for Forecast Based Finance (FbF) Project, (December, 2015 to January, 2016); Client: German Red Cross
- Topographic and Bathymetric Survey for Feasibility Study for Development of Power Plant based Port and Harbour facilities at Maheskhali, Bangladesh, (October, 2015 to December, 2015); Client: Steag Energy Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Supplementary Topographic Survey for Detailed Design on the Matarbari Ultra Super Critical Coal-Fired Power Project, (October, 2015 to November, 2015); Client: NIPPON KOEI CO., LTD., Japan
- Prioritization of Initially Selected Seventeen River Routes for Dredging and Improvement by LGED: A Multi-Criteria Analysis, (May, 2015 to September, 2015); Client: RWT Expert, RTIP-II, Local Government Engineering Department, Bangladesh
- Survey for the Kanchpur, Meghna and Gumti 2nd Bridges Construction and Existing Bridges Rehabilitation Project, (April, 2014 to January, 2015); Client: Oriental Consultant Co. Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
- Feasibility Study for Saidabad Water Treatment Plant (Phase III), (August, 2013 to December, 2013); Client: Dhaka Water Supply & Swerage Authority and Egis Eau, France
- Heat Dispersion and Morphological Modelling for Ashuganj Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, (May, 2013 to June, 2013); Client: Hyundai Engineering Co. Ltd. and Denmark Hydraulic Institute
- Hydrological Study of Tipai Mukh Multi-Purpose Dam Project of India, (September, 2012 to January, 2015); Client: Joint River Commission, Bangladesh
- Implementation Support Consultancy Services for Kalni-Kushiyara River Management Project by using Mathematical Modelling and State-of-the-Art Survey Technique, (April, 2012- December, 2016); Client: Bangladesh Water Development Board
- Detailed Feasibility Study in Connection with Ramgati-Kamalnagar Upazilla and adjacent areas of Laxmipur District from the Continuing Erosion of the Meghna River, (February, 2012- December, 2012); Client: Bangladesh Water Development Board
- Bhangura-Nawgaon GCM Road Improvement- Hydrological & Hydraulic Study and EIA, (January, 2012- June, 2012); Client: Local Government and Engineering Department, Bangladesh
- Survey for Lafarge-Surma Cement Factory Ltd. - at Jetty and Ferry Pontoon Area
- Survey for Mathematical Modelling for Future Plan Development - After Excavation of Chandana-Barasia River, (July, 2011 to June, 2012); Client: Bangladesh Water Development Board
- Hydrographic and Topographic Survey of Kushiyara River near North Pad of Bibiyana Gas Field, (February, 2013 to May, 2013); Client: Chevron Bangladesh Ltd.