Mr. Mehedi Hasan has graduated in Water Resources Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2012 and obtained M. Engg. (Water Engineering) degree from University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia in 2018.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Mehedi Hasan has a professional career of around 10 years in the field of Water & Environment. He started his career at IWM in August 2012. Since then, he has been involved in several Urban Water Management Projects and developed his expertise in Water Supply and Sewerage System planning, design, and supervision.
Mehedi Hasan has received several specialized trainings in water modelling and management. He has also provided training to various professionals of different government agencies and private organizations. He has attended several national seminars and conferences.
As a trainer Mr. Hasan provided following trainings:
As a trainee Mr. Hasan participated in following trainings
- Training course for Chattaogram WASA officials on “Hydraulic Modeling Simulation Software using EPANET 2.2”
- Training course for Dhaka WASA officials on “Sewerage System Planning and Modelling of Sewer Network”
- Training course for RFL professionals and SA Engineering Professionals on “Data Collection and Processing for Hydraulic Model Development of DMAs”
- “Training package of MIKE powered by DHI software (Urban Drainage, Water Distribution, Urban Flood, Seawater Intrusion, Sediment Transport and River Morphology, Water Quality and environmental Modelling, Sediment Transport and Coastal morphology, and Advanced HD Modelling using MIKE 3 Flow FM) “conducted by DHI A/S
- Training Course on “Computational Hydraulics, River Hydraulics, Hydraulic Structures, Hydrology, Stochastic Hydrology, and Coastal Engineering” conducted by Dept. of WRE, BUET
- “Training on Inclusive Urban Sanitation” conducted by ITN-BUET
- “Training on Basic ArcGIS” conducted by IWM
- “Training Course on MIKE 11: Hydrodynamic and Rainfall Runoff Module.” conducted by IWM
- “Training Course on Intermediate Level Excel” conducted by IWM
- “Training on Mathematical Modeling and Computational Hydraulics” by IWM
- Member, The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (MIEB- 32459)
- Member, International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS), M-17287
- Md. Mehedi Hasan (2020), Developing a Decision Support Tool for Operation and Management of Water Distribution Network, 5th International Conference on Advancement in Civil Engineering (ICACE 2020), Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology, 4-6 March 2021. pp. WRE 222-229.
- Md.Serajuddin, Md. Aktarul Islam Chowdhury, Md. Mehedi Hasan and Md. Ehteshamul Haque (2022), Effect of Ammonia on the Formation of THMs in Drinking Water Chlorination --- A Case Study, 6th International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ICCESD 2022), Khulna University of Engineering & Technology, 10-12 February 2022.
Major Project Assignment
- Emergency Replacement of Existing 300 mm and Above Dia AC Water Line under MODS Zone-1, 2, 3 & 6 to Increase Water Supply of P(J)WTP from 25 Core to 45 Core Liter/day
- Water Resource Assessment for British American Tobacco Bangladesh (BATB) Factories in Dhaka and Kushtia in compliance with Alliance for Water Stewardship (AWS) Guideline.
- Development of Water Distribution and Supply Facilities at Purbachal New Town Project through Public Private Partnership
- Consultancy for Project Development Facility (PDF) under Dhaka Water Supply Network Improvement Project (DWSNIP)
- Feasibility Study for Water Distribution System Development in Extended 16 (Sixteen) Union of Dhaka North City Corporation and Dhaka South City Corporation Under Interim Water Supply Project
- Chittagong Water Supply Improvement & Sanitation Project
- Contract Package of ICB 02.7 of Dhaka Environmentally Sustainable Water Supply Project (DESWSP)
- Design of Waterline Considering DMA Concept at A-Block of Uttara Apartment Project, Uttara, Dhaka
- Design and Management Consultancy for Dhaka Water Supply Sector Development Project (DWSSDP)
- Groundwater Management and TPP for Survey, Investigation and Feasibility Study in Upazilas and Growth Centre Level Pourashavas (small townships) having no piped water supply system