Mr. Md. Mahmudul Haque completed his Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Civil Engineering degree from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in February 2011. Later he completed M.Sc. in Integrated Water Management from the University of Queensland (UQ), Brisbane, Australia in July 2016 supported by Australia Awards Scholarship.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Haque has a professional career of more than 8 years in the field of Water and Environmental Engineering. As a water/ environmental sector professional, he has developed his professional career in Institute of Water Modelling (IWM) since June 2011.
He is responsible for hydrologic and hydraulic modelling in relation to analysis and design of water supply, sewerage and urban drainage systems; Application of mathematical models to analyse climate change impact in urban watersheds and evaluation of adaptation options; Primary data collection, processing, quality checking of secondary data and data analysis using GIS & statistical tools; Water quality modelling; Review of environmental and regulatory frameworks; Preparation of Environmental Management Framework (EMF) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA); Preparation of maps and technical drawings; Disseminating project outcomes to various stakeholders via workshops, seminars and meetings; Collaborations among different organizations to achieve shared goals; Technical report writing and assisting project team in preparation and submission of reports.
- Member, The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (MIEB- 31007)
- Life Member, BUET Alumni
- Life Member, Australia Alumni Association Bangladesh
- Member, Emerging Water Professionals Program (EWPP), International River Foundation (IRF)
- Member, International Water Centre Alumni Network (IWCAN)
- Member, International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineers
- Training on "Industrial Water and Sanitation: Choosing and Managing ETP, STP and Rainwater Harvesting", by ESTex of Department of Chemical Engg., BUET, WaterAid and Rain Forum, May 2019.
- International Training on "Urban Rainwater Harvesting System", by WaterAid Bangladesh, July 2018.
- Workshop on "Linking Urbanising Deltas of the World Research, Innovation and Implementation in Delta Management" organised jointly by Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NRW), Bangladesh Delta Plan 2100 and IWM, Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 2018.
- Training on "Water Quality Modelling" by IWM and BUET, September 2017.
- Training on "Advanced Modules with ArcGIS" by IWM, April 2017.
- 19th International River Symposium, New Delhi, India, September 2016.
- Training on "Hydrodynamic and Rainfall Runoff Module with MIKE 11" by IWM, August 2016.
- WASH Futures Conference, Brisbane, Australia, May 2016.
- Young Water Professionals, Sydney, Australia, February 2016.
- 2nd Water Sensitive Cities Conference, Brisbane, Australia, September 2015.
- Training on "Reservoir Sedimentation & Hydropower Optimization" by DHI, September 2014.
- Training on "Basic Arc-GIS" by IWM, August 2014.
- Training on "Surface & Groundwater Quality, Monitoring & Analyses" by IWM, January 2014.
- Bangladesh Convention on Rainwater Harvesting, Dhaka, Bangladesh, June 2012.
- Training on "Basic Training Course on Open Channel Hydraulics, Hydrology and Mathematical Modelling" by BUET, June 2011.
Publication in Conference/Workshop:
- Rahman, M., Saha, R., Haque, M.M. and Hossain, S., (2014), 'Storm Water Management for Urban Areas of Bangladesh by Analytical & Modelling Approach: A Case Study of Chalna Municipality', International Journal of Surface and Groundwater Management. 01 (01), 1-7.
- Amin, A.F.M.S., Haque, M.M., Siddiqi, M.Z.R., Rahman, M.A., Islam, M.S., and Alam, M. K., (2012), 'Use of selected silica deposits of Bangladesh as standard sand in testing compressive strength of hydraulic cement mortars: A proposal for strength correlation', Journal of Civil Engineering, IEB, Journal of Civil Engineering (IEB), 40 (2), 181-202.
- Serajuddin, M., Chowdhury, M.A.I., Haque, M.M. and Haque, M.E. (2019), "Using Turbidity to Determine Total Suspended Solids in an Urban Stream: A Case Study", International Conference on Water and Environmental Engineering (iCWEE2019), 19-22 January 2019, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Saha, R., Haque, M.M. and Debnath, M. (2014), 'Sustainable Urban Drainage System Reducing Flood Risk via Model Analysis', 2nd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering- 2014, CUET, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Haque, M.M. and Kamruzzaman, M. (2012), "Enhancement of Drainage Situation in Small Township of Bangladesh using GIS: Akhaura Municipality as an Illustration", 1st International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering-2012, CUET, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Haque, M.M. et al. (2011), 'Use of selected silica deposits of Bangladesh as standard sand in testing compressive strength of hydraulic cement mortars: A proposal for strength correlation', 4th Annual Paper Meet and 1st Civil Engineering Congress of IEB-2011, Pg: 8-21, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Major Project Assignment
- Pre-feasibility study of Netrokona Economic Zone
- Preparation of EIA and EMF under Preparatory Activities of Dhaka Sanitation Improvement Project (PADSIP) for Pagla STP
- Demarcation of Right of Way and Conducting Features Survey within the Right of Way along the Raw Water Transmission Mains to be Constructed under SWTPP Phase III
- Preparation of Action Plan for Control of Pollution of Peripheral Rivers of Dhaka City
- Feasibility Study with Detail Design of Surface Water Treatment Plant for Sylhet City Corporation
- Feasibility and SEIA Study for Land Acquisition & Development of Acquisition Portion of Hazaribagh, Baishteki, Kurmitola, Manda and Begunbari Khal
- Ground Water Management and Feasibility Study for 148 Pourashava having no-piped Water Supply: Mathematical Modelling for Safe Drinking Water Source Identification