Mr. Dipen Saha completed his graduation (B.Sc. Engg.) in Water Resources Engineering (WRE) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). Later he did his post-graduation (M.Sc. Engg.) in the same discipline and university with major courses in coastal engineering under Civil Engineering faculty.
Professional Track Record
Mr. Dipen Saha started professional career in the field of water resources engineering in 2015 at the Institute of Water Modelling (IWM). He worked at Survey and Data Division after his first joining as Junior Engineer in IWM. After 5 months working at Survey and Data Division, he was transferred to Coast, Port and Estuary Management Division. In 2021 he was promoted to Junior Specialist. He is responsible for conducting feasibility studies, implementing, and monitoring studies for flood management, river engineering, coastal engineering, and navigation-related studies etc. To accomplish a technical study in the water sector, he is also responsible for developing hydrological (rainfall-runoff model), Hydrodynamic model (1D and 2D), storm surge model, wave model, littoral drift model, and coastline evolution model. He developed his skills on some specialized software like MIKE 11, MIKE 21 FM, MIKE 21 SW, LITPACK, and Delft 3D which are internationally recognized modelling tools. He is also an expert in data analysis and mapping using ArcGIS software, engineering drawing by AutoCAD and model result interpretation. He supports dredging volume calculation, data analysis, frequency analysis (by Hymos and MIKE EVA), all sorts of GIS mapping, flood mapping, erosion-accretion analysis, and finding hydraulic structure design parameters. Apart from this, he also contributes to proposal and report writing.
- The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (MIEB, M-42279)
- American Society of Civil Engineers, USA (M.ASCE, ID # 12371126)
Training on Salinity Modelling by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 03-10 August 2022
- The training package included eight courses (MIKE Powered by DHI software and topics) conducted Danish Hydraulic Institute (DHI), Instructor-led online training, 03 March-29 June 2021.
- Training Course for IWM Engineers on Computational hydraulics, River Hydraulics, Hydraulic Structures, Hydrology, Stochastic Hydrology, and Coastal Engineering by Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, 14/12/2020 to 25/02/2021.
- Training on Storm Surge and Wave Modelling by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 06-09 January 2020.
- Training on polder water management by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 22-26 September 2019.
- Training on storm surge wave modelling by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 01-04 April 2019.
- Training on Storm Surge Modelling using MIKE21 FM conducted by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 18-24 September 2018.
- Training on 2D Morphological Modelling conducted by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 20-27 March 2018.
- Training on Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) Model conducted by Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) Bangkok and Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 12-16 November 2017.
- Training on Advanced ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 conducted by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 9-15 April 2017.
- Training course on Integrated River and Harbor Management conducted by Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Chittagong, 04-06 August 2016.
- Training on Basic ArcGIS conducted by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 29 Nov - 03 Dec 2015
- Training on HydroPro software and Bathymetric survey conducted by Institute of Water Modelling (IWM), Dhaka, 25-29 October 2015.
- Saha, D., Khan, M.S., Islam, M.J., Mahamud, U., Alam, R., and Khan, Z.H. (2023), “Crest Level Fixation Considering Climate Change Impact Using State-Of-The-Art Mathematical Modeling: Matarbari Island”, 6th International Hybrid Conference on Water Resources and Wetlands, 13-17 September, Tulcea, Romania.
- Islam, M.J., Saha, D., Mahamud, U., Alam, R., and Khan, Z.H. (2023), “Mitigating Coastal Polder Drainage congestion in Changing Climate by 1D hydrodynamic Model”, 9th International Conference on Water and flood Management, 14-16 October, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Saha, D., Khan, M.S., Rahman, M.A., Ahmed, R., Nahiduzzaman, S., and Islam, M.S. (2023), “Assessment of Drainage Performance of Selected Polders in Times of Climate Change Using Mathematical Modelling”, International Perspective on Water Resources and the Environment (IPWE), Dhaka, Bangladesh and Reston, VA, USA. January 4-6, 2023.
Saha, D. and Rahman, M. A. (2022), “Erosion Accretion Assessment of Kuakata Beach Using Satellite Imageries and Bathymetry Data Adopting RS-GIS Technique”, World Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (WJERT), ISSN: 2454-695X, Volume 8, Issue 11, PP 09-21.
- Saha, D. and Rahman, M. A. (2022), “Simulation of Longshore Sediment Transport and Coastline Changing Along Kuakata Beach by Mathematical Modeling”, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X, Volume 19, Issue 3 Ser. I (May. – June. 2022), PP 15-31.
Abir, A.A., Saha, D. and Jahan, N. (2015), “Riverbank migration assessment of Padma River using Landsat satellite image”, International Conference on Recent Innovation in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (IICSD-2015), Department of Civil Engineering, DUET-Gazipur, Paper ID WRE 006, pp. 1-6.
Major Project Assignment
- Hydrological and Morphological Model Study for Integrated Water Resources Management and Development of Kutubdia and Matarbari Island.
- Detailed Hydrological and Morphological Survey and Study for Matarbari Port Development Project (RHD Component).
- Long-term monitoring, research, and analysis of the Bangladesh Coastal Zone.
- Surface water hydrology study of probable site selection for construction of nuclear power plant in the southern part of Bangladesh.
- Feasibility study for the construction of walkway, Eco-Park, and other allied infrastructure on the foreshore land of the river Buriganga, Turag, Balu&Sitalakhya (3rd Phase) and waste removal from the riverbed and along the circular waterways of Dhaka City and also set development program for the elements of study.
- Feasibility Study for Restoration of Bhadra and Salta River along with Adjacent Polder (25, 26, 27/1, 27/2, 28/1 & 29) to Removal of Drainage Congestion of Khulna District Including Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA).
- Feasibility Study and Detailed Engineering Design for Long Term Solution of Drainage Problems in the Bhabodah Area (2nd Phase).
- Hydrological and Morphological Study for the Installation of 33 KV Submarine Cable from Chittagong to Sandwip under the Power Distribution System Development Project, Chittagong Zone.
- Feasibility Study for Improvement and Restoration of Navigability for Buriswar-Payra, Old Brahmaputra, Dharla, Dudhkumar, Punarbhaba, Tulai and Showa River.
- Survey for BIWTA: Morphological Study, Design & Supervision and EIA/SIA of the Twelve Navigation Routes.
- Detailed Technical Feasibility Study for Integrated Development of Jahizzer Char.
- Coastal Embankment Improvement Project (CEIP-1).