Abeer Quddus completed his graduation in Civil Engineering from Ahsanullah University of Science & Technology in April 2008.
Professional Track Record
Abeer Quddus has professional experience in Topographic and Hydrographic surveys since 2008. He started his professional career with IWM from March 2012. He has been exclusively engaged in Hydrographic, Metocean, and Topographic field data collection and processing by advanced survey equipment like Multi-Beam, Leaser Scanner, UAV, RTK GPS, DGPS, Total Station, Digital Echo sounder, ADCP, Current Meter, Optical Backscatter Sensor, Level Machine, etc. and related software. He is also responsible for updating the inventory of equipment and accessories in the hard copy register as well as survey equipment’s troubleshooting and keeping up-to-date information of new equipment and software in the technological heights as Equipment Manager.
-Membership: The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (M-26198) Training Received:
- Comprehensive DHI Training (included eight courses on MIKE+, FEFLOW, MIKE21C, MIKE ECOLAB, Littoral Processes FM, MIKE 3 FLOW FM), 15 weeks, 2021, Conducted by DHI, Denmark
- Training Course on Computational Hydraulics, River Hydraulics, Hydraulic Structures, Hydrology, Stochastic Hydrology and Coastal Engineering, 10 weeks, 2020-21, Conducted by BUET, Dhaka
- 1 week training on Multibeam Survey with Teledyne T20R, Odom MB2 and data processing with PDS Software, Shirajganj, Bangladesh, March 2019
- 1-week training on Deployment and data processing with Vsea DASfor Sentinel V ADCP and OBS 3A, Coxs Bazar, Bangladesh, March 2015
- Training on HYPACK, August 2014
- On the job training on ADCP data processing by Winriver II, IWM, April 2014
- On-the-job training on Channel discharge measurement and velocity profiling by Teledyne RD Instrument's River Ray and Workhorse ADCPs, IWM, October 2013
- On the job training on Data collection using RTK-GPS and processing by GNSS Software, IWM, April 2013
- On-the-job training on Bathymetric Survey by using Single Beam Echo sounder and RTK GPS and data processing by HydroPRO, at IWM, March 2013
- 1 week training on Monitoring and Quality Control in Hydrological Data Collection, at IWM, October 2012
Major Project Assignment
- Topographic Survey and Hydro-morphological Study with Mathematical Modelling for the project Conversion of Meter Gauge Line into Dual Gauge from Parbatipur to Kaunia Section of Bangladesh Railway, 2023. Client: AARVEE Associates, India
- Support to OTJJR for Dredging Protection Work, Jan 2022-Mar 2024, Client: OTJR JV
- Support to IHI for dredging and revetment works, Oct 2021 -May 2023, Client: IHI-SMCC JV
- Bathymetric Survey by Multibeam Echosounder for monitoring Bank erosion and River training works at Noria, From 2019-2023. Client: BWDB
- Bathymetric survey and Discharge measurement during 2019 monsoon for FRERMIP. September, 2019 to December, 2019. Client: BWDB
- Met-Ocean Survey at Rabnabad Channel in connection with Payra Port Master Plan. November, 2019 to September, 2020. Client: BRTC-BUET
- Dredging Support to Jan De Nul in connection with Kutubdia Energy Hub Project, October - November, 2019. Client: Jan DE Nul, Belgium
- Beximco Kutubdia Energy Hub Project, June 2018 - June, 2019. Client: Beximco Petroleum Ltd.
- Hydraulic and Bathymetric Surveys for Sitakunda Port, Feb 2018 – Mar 2018, Client: Chittagong Port Authority
- Survey for Feasibility Study and Pre-FEED for Petro-Bangla LNG Terminal Project, Dec 2017-July 2018, Client: Nippon Koei Co., Ltd. (NK), Tokyo, Japan
- Survey for feasibility study for drainage improvement in Bhabodah area, October-December 2016, Client: BWDB
- Field Survey to Support Plume study for Coal Fired Power Plant in Munshiganj, May 2016, Client: Orion Power Dhaka Limited
- Current and Wave Measurement at Kutubdia, November-December, 2016; Client: FUGRO Survey India (PVT.) Ltd.
- Current and Wave Measurement, Sampling and Grain Size Analysis of Bed Material for Jan De Nul in Connection with Payra Port Dredging, (October, 2016); Client: Jan De Nul, Belgium
- Hydrological Data Collection, Current Measurement and Model Simulation in the Rabnabad Channel near khepupara, (August-Spetember, 2016); Client: Jan De Nul, Belgium
- Topographic and Bathymetric Survey for Feasibility Study for Development of Power Plant based Port and Harbour facilities at Maheskhali, Bangladesh, (October 2015 to December 2015); Client: Steag Energy Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Supplementary Topographic Survey for Detailed Design on the Matarbari Ultra Super Critical Coal-Fired Power Project, (January 2015 to November 2015); Client: NIPPON KOEI CO., LTD., Japan
- Survey for the Kanchpur, Meghna and Gumti 2nd Bridges Construction and Existing Bridges Rehabilitation Project, (April 2014 to January 2015); Client: Oriental Consultant Co. Ltd., Tokyo, Japan