Md. Shahadat Hossain graduated in Water Resources Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology in October 2009. Later he completed M.Sc. in Water Resources Engineering from the same university in April 2015.
Professional Track Record
From August 2010 to December 2015, he has worked with Flood Management Division in IWM as Junior Engineer.
Since joining IWM in 2011, Md. Shahadat Hossain was involved in number of important water resources projects including Mathematical Modelling. He is specialized in Hydrological and Hydrodynamics Modeling, Weather Research and Forecasting, Local Level Flood Forecasting, Long Range Flood Forecasting, Flash Flood Forecasting based on Satellite and Remote Sensing with MIKE11, MIKE 21FM tools of DHI, Water and Environment and SWAT, HEC_RAS, HEC-HMS. He is also proficient in use of a variety of hydraulic, hydrological, Arc-GIS software, C# programming, Python programming, Unix Shell scripting, Web development etc.
From December 2015 to till date, he is involved in same division as Junior Specialist.
Md. Shahadat Hossain has received specialized training in mathematical modelling on MIKE21FM, Flood Mapping and Data Assimilation, SWAT, Climate Modelling and Downscaling Technique, Environmental Application of Remote Sensing for Water Resources, River Bank Protection and ArcGIS. He also provided training to various professionals on hydrologic, hydrodynamic and Flood Forecasting modelling by using MIKE11 and Weather Forecasting by using WRF Model. He attended a number of national seminars and conferences. He has also provided Specialized training in Mike-11, Mike Hydro Basin, WRF, ArcGIS etc. in home and abroad. Publication in Conference:
- Md. Shahadat Hossain1*, Shubhra Pk.2, Md. Abdulla Hel Kafi3, Liton Chandra Mazumder4, Tashrifa Sultana5 and Nishan Kumar Biswas6, "Application of mathematical modeling technique to improve flood control, drainage and irrigation facilities of Shariatpur district, Bangladesh." Proceeding of 5th International Conference on Water & Flood Management 6 -8 March 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Pk., S.1*, Magumder, T. K.2 and Hossain M. S.3, "Impact of climate change in water availability of lower Brahmaputra river basin." Proceeding of publication in International conference on Climate Change in relation to Water and Environment, I3CWE -2015, 12-14 April, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- M. A. H. Kafi, M. S. Masud, T. K. Magumdar, S. Pk., M. S. Hossain. "Assessment of long term evolution of morphodynamics of the Kalni-Kushiyara river system in Bangladesh using 1-dimensional morphological model". International Conference on Recent Innovation in Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development IICSD-2015, 11-13 December 2015, DUET, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- S. Pk.1, M. A. H. Kafi, M. S.Hossain and A.K. Chowdhury. "Arsenic contamination of Groundwater in Bangladesh: A casestudy in Brahmanbaria District." 2nd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering, Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET), Chittagong –4349, Bangladesh, 26-28 December 2014.
Major Project Assignment
- Mathematical Modelling and Topographic Survey Under Consultancy Services for Management, Degin, Supervision and other Related Services of Haor Flood Management and Livelihood Improvement Project of (BWDB part)
- Feasibility Study for Irrigation using Mathematical Modelling along the Bank of Mohananda River including EIA in Chapai Nawabganj District
- Local Level Flood Forecasting Applying Remote Sensing Technology in River Basin Management
- Upgrading of Flood Forecasting System Under CDMP-II
- Research with Commonweath Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia on "Intrigated Water Resources Assessment in Bangladesh"
- Sediment Transport Modelling in Connection with Data Collection Survey on Water Resources Management in Haor area of Bangladesh
- Water Availability, Demand and Adaptation Option Assessment of The Brahmaputra River Basin Under Climate Change
- Dredging of Surma-Baulai River System , Improvement of Existing Embankment and drainage channel by using Mathematical Model and State of the Art Survey Technique
- Monitoring of Hydraulic performance of causeways in Khaliajuri Flood Control & Drainage project
- CDMP-Union-Wise Flood map Generation
- Hydrological and Morphological Study for the Proposed Itna-Mithamain-Austagram Road under Kishoreganj District
- Mathematical Modelling Study of Sureswar Flood Control, Drainage and Irrigation Project